Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eating With Meggan - Ranch Halibut


Simple Ranch Breaded Halibut

I made this dish twice in the last month.  The first time I overestimated the amount of time I needed to cook it and it came out a little darker than I wanted so I didn't take any pictures.  The second time I watched it a little closer and it was perfect and super yummy.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
3/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup dry ranch dressing mix
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound halibut filet sliced into 4-6 servings

Directions:
Place the bread crumbs and ranch mix in a gallon size ziploc bag.  Slice Halibut and soak in buttermilk.  Immediately place halibut pieces, one at a time, into the ziploc bag.  Shake to coat and set aside.  Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Place the fillets in the skillet and cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment