Monday, January 17, 2011

10 things I learned while in Denver:

#10 I hate traffic! I used to tolerate it while growing up in Northern CA but gosh does it really have to take 3.5 hours to drop my mom off at Denver International? I'm not kidding, a 1/2 hour trip took me longer than it takes to fly to Seattle from Petersburg. Now yes it did snow a fair amount but even still traffic is brutal.

#9 My just down the street is different than your just down the street. To get to Wal-Mart I had to go through 10 different stop lights. It was only a mile away. Crazy! To get to our grocery store (3 miles away)I go through zero stoplights. I think I am becoming a minimalist.

#8 Tollway 470 seems to appear everywhere in the Denver Metro area. So if I wanted to take this road I had to pay $25 to the rental car company or pay a $50 fine if I drove on it. Well trying to get by with the "minimal" amount of money spent I tried to avoid this road way like the plague. Not knowing where you were going most of the time made this tollway frustrating because "Cat" my GPS kept telling me to get on it. Thankfully my trusty navigator (thanks Mom) kept me aware of when I was close to making the costly mistake of entering the "Tollway."

#7 I missed Wal-Mart...Sad but true. The land of everything cheap called my name more than I would like to admit. I guess I am a sucker for all things cheap.

#6 The two hour time difference really did make a difference in how my body reacted to sleep. Waking up at 8:30 am was early to me and going to bed at 1 am was brutal. I mean come on it's only two hours.

#5 The radio is still alive and well. Here in Petersburg we basically have one radio station filled with NPR. Now I don't complain because it makes my selection pretty easy. On or Off. My thoughts are so much more concise. So, then when hundreds of radio stations appear before me I had a hard time deciding what I was going to listen to. I ended up just keeping it off. It was simpler that way.

#4 The toilet will be the safest place during a tornado. Really?!! I had a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that if I hear of a Tornado coming I needed to run to the nearest Restroom. I believe I would probably run for the Ladies because I have a suspicion that there's will be a lot cleaner.

#3 I missed my family. It was only a week but man I have had the opportunity to be with my family more than I have for many years and I was surely missing them. They are a fantastic part of my life. Can't wait to introduce them to you.

#2 I have incredible friends. We stayed with Erik and Janine Grover, great friends that we had while we lived in Eastern Idaho. I forgot how much we had in common. Thank you for allowing us to invade your home! Also, can I say that a simple common bond make create friendships for life. It was incredible to me that as I talked with folks at the show, we were laughing a ton. Ah laughter, I think that one thing can make friends faster than any words could. Thanks for the laughs everyone!

#1 I have amazing Partners in this little venture. Between my wife and my parents we have created a business that I am proud of. We work well together and each one of us has skills that the rest of us don't. It really is a great way to run a business. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Meg!

I can't wait to see what I will learn from Sacramento. See you tomorrow!


Thanks Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment